Monday, March 31, 2008

Busy Weekend

Usually I like to get more in depth with my tales of sin in the city of angels but today I must cut it short because it's opening day and I am craving a Dodger dog so I'll cut to the chase.

*Thursday the 27th: An L.A. County Sheriff pulled a buddy of mine and I over due to a busted tail light. Routine traffic stop right? Not so fast my friends.It was one a.m., we were in a less than reputable neighborhood and there was a hint of Jack on my breath combine all those factors and you end up with me sitting in back of a Highway patrol car for over an hour while the officer searches the car. All they found was the piece of Pan Dulce I had wrapped in a napkin, and upon seeing this the officer decided that we weren't out to cause trouble so she let us go. Interesting side note, the officers demeanor greatly changed when I mentioned the Dodgers.

*Friday: Studied and played COD 4 with my cousin, then for a nightcap it was Super Smash Bros. Brawl while sipping on some Grey Goose., Good times.

*Saturday: Coliseum game. Unfortunately we had to park near the campus of Spoiled Children but it was well worth it since my Bruins were on with a chance to go to the final four on the line.Of course we won and I got to rub it in all the surrounding Trojan fans. But the day was all about the boys in blue so I had to shelve the Bruin spirit. While I agree with the Duke on the field being an absolute joke for baseball, it was still magical nonetheless. It was truly wonderful being surrounded by Dodger fans in a carnival like setting. The highlight was being able to take a picture with Ron Cey and the 81' and 88' trophies.

*Sunday: Studied and set up a Flickr account. After that I went to a recording studio on the outskirts of downtown and took pictures of the skyline from the rooftop of said studio. Came home and couldn't sleep due to the excitement of the Monday's events.

That's pretty much it. March has been one long and expensive month and I am both sad and happy to see it go. Now in the immortal words of the great Vin Scully:

"It's time for Dodger baseball!"

No comments:

Post a Comment