Monday, March 17, 2008

Erin Go Bragh

Started off at the Peppermill in Vegas. Personally I thought the place was overrated. I was given a huge drink that was called a scorpion. A bit fruity for my taste, but what was I to do? At least I had a couple to gain a pretty good buzz. Checked into the room and I immediately put the Jack on ice. I was cautiously optimistic because I had brought my books with me to study before the show. Flogging Molly went on at eight so I some time to kill. I know it's weird because who studies in Vegas?

I showered before the show. Nothing like sipping on some ice cold Jack. The beauty of this former desert lay off for G.I's is that it allows one to walk around with a glass or other type of container filled with a poison of choice. I filled a cup with whiskey and minimal ice of course and headed for the show. (Got a real nice picture of the sunsetting from my room it should follow this.) By the time I got to Mandalay Bay (The show was at the House of Blues)I was at least two sheets to the wind.

Now I only remember a bit of the show. They did play "Drunken Lullabies" and "Rebels of the Sacred Heart". Thanks to fifty two dollar rounds, the show is pretty much a blur. How can you not get drunk at a Molly show?

I wake up in the room around two a.m. Lord knows how I got there. After yet another rejuvenating shower, I decide to get down to the business of losing money. I make another drink and grab my green Dodger cap and head for Vegas' rainy streets. Along the way I receive various compliments on the hat and actually got a drink or two out of it. Again due to the alcohol consumption it gets foggy. I recall winning at New York, New York, Paris, and Planet Hollywood.

On my way home on Sunday, I deemed this a successful trip. Left Vegas with a slight hangover, more money than I came with and some kick ass beef jerky that was purchased before I hit LA. I was ready to relax as soon as I got home. I did the requisite unpacking and then a phone call offered me the chance to go see Bad Religion at the Hollywood House of Blues. So I grabbed my green hat, and the Jack and I was on my way to another show.

Helluva way to celebrate St. Patty's day right?

No comments:

Post a Comment