Monday, March 3, 2008

Fuck Anaheim

Okay. The headline might be a bit misleading, but I can't really find anything positive anymore. The Angels are a joke, Disneyland has lost all of it's charm and now we have this to deal with: Racism. See I recently attended The Dropkick Murphy's show on Sunday at The Grove, and during "Kiss Me I'm Shitfaced" a young male Caucasian grabbed the mike and yelled "White Power" into the crowd and did the whole Nazi salute. Granted Dropkick is from Boston and they do have a song tittled "Skinhead on the MTBA" but does that permit someone to say that to a crowd of people just gathered to see an awesome band? What day and age is this?

And it is not like we are stuck in the deep south where this is sometimes encouraged. I have been to a number of shows in the past 12 years and I have never encountered anything like this. If this happened in Hollywood or anywhere in LA county that guy would have been beaten to a bloody pulp. Not everyone is perfect but this goes beyond the limits of general decency. I have never left a show as angry as I was last night. Maybe it will never happen again and hopefully that guy is eating his food through a straw right now, but until further notice: FUCK ANA-SLIME !!!

(This better not happen at Flogging Molly. I think there are less douchebags in Vegas, hopefully.)

1 comment:

  1. The OC is a bizarre place. It's like LA's stuck up sibling. (I'd say Percy Weasley, but I'm not sure how much you know about the Harry Potter world.)

    ReplyDelete