Monday, April 14, 2008

When is it too late?

As I self professed Simpson fanatic, every time I get down after a loss, I recall the episode when Homer gives up on the Isotopes after a early season loss. Next scene shows that months have passed and Homer walks into Moe's and he is in the middle of a commotion. He asks Lenny what's going on, Lenny reveals that the Isotopes are in the championship game. Homer then ducks out and comes back dressed head to toe in Isotope gear. He gets interviewed by Kent Brockman and goes on to thank Marge and says he never gave up on his beloved 'topes.

Now I am not turning my back but I am close to pushing the panic button. I know it's early on in the season, but here's what I am getting at: when is it the appropriate time to start worrying? Two weeks? Three weeks? Months? This could be even harder if you are normally a worrisome person. It's late and I would love to elaborate but after tonight's lost I'd rather just go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment