Monday, January 26, 2009

My 27th Spirit Formation Anniversary

Well I called it. In my previous post I revealed that every year on my birthday something memorable happens. This year was no different. It started off with my friends and I catching a super secret double feature of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight at Universal City IMAX. As an added bonus we each suck in a bottle of his or hers favorite alcoholic beverage. As the movie played on the level of intoxication rises and by the end of Begins we run out of booze. (Well not me I still had a pint of Jack. I didn't wanna share.) As luck would have it a buddy of mine (the Tooth) was getting off of work when the first movie ended and being he was only a quick jog up the 101 he decided to take me to get reinforcements.

By the time all was said and done I was drunk. It was 2am and the rest of Citywalk had emptied out her drunks and miscreants. All of us decided to rendezvous near Cal St. LA and crack open a few more bottles. The Tooth said he had a bunch of Pozole at his house so we would stop by and take some back for everyone else. As we entered the on ramp onto the 101 (the one near the In-n-out) something happened. I guess it was a combo of rain soaked pavement and the Tooth pushing the speed limit (he wasn't drinking) but whatever the case may be we got into a little fender bender. We slid and hit the guard rail and did a 180. My leg was slightly bruised and the truck received some damage, but the real causality was my buzz.

Being the committed goon that he is. we carried on and drank until the sun came up on Friday morning. The celebration carried over to the final two days. Nothing else really happened. I got to drink 100% free on Sat. in Whitter and my buddy gave me a kick ass UCLA beanie and Dodger mug. It's not that I'm unappreciative or anything like that but it's kinda cool that I cheated death once again. Maybe I do have the Force after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment