Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So yeah

That ( the Dodger piece below you) was taken from a creative writing class I took last year. So let's start off with an explanation of the tittle: "The Passion Bucket". Passion as defined by Webster's Online dictionary: (http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org)

Passion

Noun

1. Strong feeling or emotion.

2. Intense passion or emotion.

3. Something that is desired intensely; "his rage for fame destroyed him".

4. An irrational but irresistible motive for a belief or action.

5. A feeling of strong sexual desire.



1) Things I have strong feelings for: Life, whiskey, God, Johnny Cash, and Social Distortion.


2) Things that stir up intense emotion: Good books, great food, rainy days, sunsets with the LA skyline, awesome music, family, UCLA athletics, and Dodger baseball.

3) Things I desire: knowledge, piece of mind, love, and a '59 Impala.

4) Things I am irrational about: Immigration, Abortion, Homosexuality, and Mathematics.

5) Things I have a strong sexual desire for: women who wear glasses, think for themselves, can handle their liquor, and watch cartoons.

Now that we have established what I am passionate about, the next question is why bucket? As a kid I was nuts about getting happy meals. During the '84 Olympics, McDonalds used to give their meals in a play bucket decorated with some eagle who was the mascot for the games, and while I was eating my mom used to dump all my toys in there. After awhile it became customary for me to be seen walking around with a bucket full of G.I. Joes and He-Man toys. But I really didn't think about it until head football coach of UCLA Rick Neuheisel put the two together. He said "ones passion bucket must be full when playing your bitter rival". Of course he was talking about giving it to those jerks down near the Coliseum, but I took it as being passionate for everything you strive for in life. Put your all into everything you do.. Carpe Diem if you will. Seeing this coming from the leader of the Bruin nation left no doubt in my mind that this was a sign. Since then I have adopted this phrase for everyday life.

Well it's dinner time.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment