Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Force is strong with this one


There's this female cousin of mine from my Madre's side of the family whom I've never really gotten along with. We were born a month apart and ever since then it seems like we've always been in competition. Oh yeah, she intimidates the hell out of me. (Another story for another day) We never really go beyond the requisite exchange of pleasantries so imagine my surprise when I recently found her oldest son playing with Star Wars figures. My Nina, who was also there at the time remarked to him "Go ahead Dezmon, ask Michael he knows everything about Star Wars." So this child of seven or younger (again we don't talk much) asks "Obi-Wan taught Anakin so who taught Obi-Wan?" So I told him it was Qui-Gon and he handed me his toys. As I fuddled with Mace's lightsaber and Dooku's detachable Force lighting (very cool) I told him I have all kinds of figures like these at my house. His eyes lit up and he told me we should play sometime.

Oh, it's so on now.

No comments:

Post a Comment