Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's those damn car flags

I hate the Lakers. Don't get me wrong, I respect the organization and it's players past and present, but as a native Angelino I think it's supposed to be in my DNA to root for the ol' purple and gold. But it's not and why you ask? It's because of you Laker fan with your myopic thoughts of winning 70 games every year, your constant arguments of Kobe being the greatest thing since sliced bread, and of course the aforementioned car flags. I'm sick of it. Mostly it's a shame. I wish I could be one of the many that wears a team jersey (Naturally I would sport Farmar's) but when your average sixteen year old fan tells me that they have been a fan since '88 I come to my senses.

Don't think I'm singling you out Laker fan. There are others. Giants, Angels, Padres, (although I am a huge Peavy fan. Dodger fan will kill me on this one) Trojans, and Yankees. But those are givens of course. I never really go out of my way to root against someone with such eagerness. Well maybe the Raiders but now they are mostly irrelevant. Either way I am done with you. So when you get eliminated this year and fail yet again to win a championship, I don't want to hear it. Most importantly leave the car flags at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment